So you’ve gone and procured SAP, one of the most powerful and feature-richÂ ERP solutions money can buy for your company. It’s already integrated into your business infrastructure and ready to make your business processes a whole lot more efficient. Or maybe you’ve just taken it upon yourself to join the many local business owner joining the effort in implementing SAP in the Philippines.
Whichever the case, is it worth getting SAP Training for your employees? It’s an added expense, after all, on top of the already formidable price tag that the ERP system already came with. The short answer to this, of course, is yes. Not only will having your employees allow you to get the most out of your newÂ ERP system, but it will also benefit your employees in the short and long term. For a more detailed answer, check out our following list of the main advantages in getting your employees SAP training.
- It allows you to get more out of your current SAP solution. The first and most obvious advantage to getting your employees SAP training is that they will have the knowledge and expertise to utilize all the features and functionality of your ERP system. This ensures that you get the full benefits of having a SAP product integrated into your business infrastructure, resulting in your business processes becoming even more streamlined than before.
- It makes your employees more efficient at their tasks. While it’s true that an ERP system like SAP is designed to give your business processes a boost in efficiency, this effect will be completely canceled out if your employees take too much time trying to learn all the ins and outs of SAP through trial and error. By investing in them getting the SAP training they need, they will be able to take advantage of the system’s features to the fullest and get their work done in a significantly reduced amount of time.
- It makes your employees see the shortcomings of the system and make suggestions for improvements. Even with its reputation as a powerful and versatile ERP system, SAP Business One isn’t perfect. Depending on your specific type of business and industry, there may be areas in your business processes that are not adequately covered or handled by SAP’s features. When your employees are trained for SAP, they can easily help you identify those areas and make suggestions on how to address them better. They may even develop their own solutions and techniques to mitigate those trouble spots using SAP.
- It gives them the knowledge necessary to train your newer employees. Once you’ve had your existing employees get trained in SAP, you can then take advantage of this in the future by having them pass down this knowledge to your newer employees. This helps ensure that your entire workforce is learned in the ways of SAP ERP usage and management, without you having to spend the additional expense of sending a new batch off to training. Of course, it’s usually a good idea to send your employees for refresher courses every now and then.
- It gives your employees an entirely new skill set that will serve them well in their careers. One of the responsibilities of any good business owner is to help their employees grow in terms of skill and character. This is so that they can become more skilled workers in their own field, as well as show them that you care about their personal growth”motivating them to do even better. Think of it as investing in your employees: the dividends may not show immediately, but they definitely will in the long term, both in your company’s excellence and your employee’s trust and satisfaction in you.
Don’t let your hefty investment in SAP end up for naught. By getting SAP Training for your employees, you’re making sure that the steps you’ve taken to accelerate your company’s revenue earning capacity aren’t canceled out by the inexperience and ignorance of your workforce. Your employees and your profit margin will thank you.