As mentioned earlier, SAP Business One is able to help manage the most common business functions. Contrary to what other solutions might be offering, SAP Business One is more than just a project-management app or yet another piece of accounting software. Modules are available for the following functions, as of writing:
- Administration – this module allows users to set up the rest of the application
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) – this module links common sales employee tasks to other modules.
- Financials – this module allows you to set up a Chart of Accounts and create journal entries.
- Opportunities – this module contains all the functions needed to manage a lead generation campaign.
- Sales – A/R – this module helps manage your business’s sales flow.
- Purchasing – A/P – the purchase flow from an organization can be viewed and managed here.
- Business Partners – this module contains a master list of leads, customers, and suppliers as well as associated data.
- Banking – this module helps an organization manage their incoming and outgoing payments.
- Inventory – This module allows the tracking of goods, including their value and quantity.
- Resources – This part of SAP Business One allows production resources, such as machinery and personnel to be defined and tracked.
- Production – this module allows the management of your Bill of Materials master data as well as your production orders.
- Project Management –This module allows you to define projects as well as track their progress.
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) – forecasts of materials and inventory requirements can be created in this module to simplify your organization’s purchase order recommendations.
- Service – This module contains management of service contracts and allows the creation of service calls
- Human Resources – this last module allows you to easily manage employee data, as well as their roles across your whole organization.
Every module is quite powerful on its own, and you can opt to just use the ones you believe you need. But the usability of SAP Business One is increased even further when you use more modules for your enterprise, as related data is instantly linked shared through the whole system.